Experienced support professional, with exceptional customer service and knowledge of a variety of project management and IT solutions. Strong background in supporting hardware, software, and connectivity issues. Great communicator who works well with technical and non-technical team members.
Technical Support Analyst
First & Second Level Support (2012-Present)
Undisclosed, Greater Toronto Area, Canada
Help provide excellent service to multiple locations, via Phone, email and walk-ups for multiple operating systems including Windows XP/Win 7 & 8.1. While the workload has increased over the last year, I have worked with the team to make sure that tickets are closed on time and our employees get outstanding service.
- Windows 7 & 8.1
- MS Office 2007/2010.
- Account support using DRA/Symantec Altiris.
- Installation of engineering software packages.
- Assist with documentation of procedures and guidelines.
- Helped create procedures and forms for tracking laptops and hardware.
- Help manage distribution of team incident tickets.
- Assisted with testing new procedures for tracking and escalation process.
- Worked closely with management to ensure users got exceptional support.
- Imaged, setup and deployed Windows laptop and desktop machines.
IT Project/Product Manager
Senior First & Second Level Support (2008 – 2011)
WinMagic Incorporated, Mississauga, Canada
Originally engaged as Senior First & Second Level Support Personnel, providing email and phone support to Windows and MAC clients. Took a lead hand creating manuals, release notes and QA tested SecureDoc features. After three years became promoted to role of IT Project/Product Manager. As Product/Project Manager was responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating all aspects of the products. Responsible for research and development; managing the product team; recruitment and training activities. Liaises with external departments to improve quality assurance and feasibility of product line. Oversaw customer care for excellent delivery of products.
- Managed the companies first live beta release, leading to a 10% improvement in information gathering from customers.
- Managed a project that created, and released a standalone container encryption solution. This project won a partnership with Dell, saving the company 25% in purchases and improved our marketing material.
- Took ownership of standalone product titled “MySecureDoc Express”. This product got an bundle deal with Intel allowing us access to the US BestBuy retail market.
- Managed team of developers to create a Black Berry based on-line password recovery tool, allowing mobile users to reset their own encryption password reducing help desk calls by 15%.
- Helped plan new container based removable media solution, which speeds up the encryption 75%.
Team Lead 08/2007-08/2008
Covad Wireless ISP – Netpulse, Toronto, Canada
Liaised between management and staff to oversee the 24/7 support of commercial wireless point to point connections and wireless connections between buildings. Helped customer to identify the location of possible problems (interference, antenna problems, line of sight issues, or LAN issues).
- Worked directly with the hardware escalation team to exceed customers SLAs.
- Created a process to reduce hardware monitoring times by 30%.
Senior Support Specialist 05/2003-05/2007
Logic Tech Corp, Toronto, Canada
Provided senior-level technical support to computer users. Answered questions and resolved computer problems for clients via telephone and email. Provided training both on and off site. Built computers and provided troubleshooting assistance (Microsoft Windows XP Professional, hardware and network issues).
- Created an automated guide to help customers through installation, reducing support call times by 30%.
- Introduced a new QA process that reduced developers turn around by 15%.
First & Second Level Support Specialist 01/2001-01/2003
IBM Canada, Toronto, Canada
Provided technical assistance to computer users. Answered questions and resolve computer problems for clients via telephone. Provided assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including VPN, installation and configuration operating systems (Windows 95, 98, NT, ME, 2000, XP & Linux).
- Created process to allow internal employees to borrow laptops for presentations and business trips, reducing wait time by 60%.
- Helped reduce customers software setup times by participating in “drop-in” style meetings.
Credentials & Education
Certified Pragmatic Manager (08/2011)
Practical Product Management (08/2011)
Requirements that Work (08/2011)
Unix System Administration II (05/2011 – 08/2011)
Unix System Administration I (01/2011 – 03/2011)
Introduction to UNIX (11/2010 – 12/2010)
LAN Administration Windows 2000 (10/2000 – 01/2001)
PC Maintenance & Support (09/2000 – 11/2000)
Microcomputer Maintenance & Software Support Program (01/1998 – 01/1999)